About Cebu Bionic Builders Group of Companies
THE COMPANY – Brief History
Founded on Sept. 26, 1976 at the bustling old mercantile district of the City of Cebu (the famous downtown Magallanes) by enterprising couple, Bonifacio & Lydia Sia. With an initial capital of Php40, 000, they were able to invest on an 80 sq. meters selling and warehouse area and employed 5 people. It was a typical hardware store that carries basic hardware products like paints, cement, GI sheets and
- 1979- Three (3) years later, there was a gradual transition from manual to computerized system.
- 1985- Cebu South Road, Mambaling branch opened and later became the company’s Head Office and main warehouse.
- 1990- At the height of the construction boom in the country, Build It! Showroom was opened in uptown Cebu. The first step to offering the market an efficient way of shopping for architectural & hardware goods. Seven (7) years after, it undertook a significant change and emerges under the new form and nomenclature of Build It! Showroom & Do It Yourself Shop. The first to introduce to the Vis-Min market a modernistic way of displaying the best, the latest and the finest in Hardware & Construction Technology.
- 1993- Earned the trust & support of the world’s prestigious manufacturer’s of hardware and construction products. Among these global names to which the company is exclusively bearing distributorship are Genesis Tilemates Ltd. Of England (United Kingdom), BLB Bathtubs & Interbath Shower Systems (Europe) and Point Faucets (Italy). Beyond these, the store is also a leading source of famous European tiles like Keope of Italy, Saloni, Azuvi, Colorker and Ape of Spain.
- 1994- The birth of Negros Building Supplies Depot, Inc. in Dumaguete City.
- 1999- Opened two (2) Factory Outlets in Highway Seno in Mandaue & Cebu South Road, Mambaling. These are unique and first-of-its-kind stores for project and export overruns at unbelievably low, low prices. On the same year, the original store in Magallanes had an expansion. With bigger and wider store area, the Hardware Mall has a thing to boast of. With a display and D.I.Y. area close to 1,100 square meter and new, innovative and interactive power tools section with a complete range of power tools one may need for household or construction use PLUS a secured 15- car parking space.
- 2001- The Build It! Factory Outlet in Mandaue opened. It is the first in Cebu to implement the Factory Outlet concept. It is the venue for ceramic tiles, sanitary wares, and other bathroom, plumbing and building products. It is on a Cash-N-Carry basis.
- 2003- Intranet Trade International, Inc., popularly known as iTrade was established. It delves into wholesale trading with much emphasis on Direct Imported Products (DIPs). Among the group’s affiliates, this is the company which engaged in importation of products from China, Singapore, Thailand, Spain, Italy and England.
- 2004- Steel+Stone, a high- end retail store catering mainly to AB Market was opened. It showcased a wide array of quality products of competitive prices and excellent aesthetic designs. Its spacious showroom boasted of modular concepts that are well designed with customer- friendly guide for installation.
- 2005- Zscape, the development arm of the group was inaugurated. It provides complete architectural services such as designing, estimating, planning and interior design. It also delves into realty development.
What started 25 years ago is now in four (4) locations, more than 2,000 square meters of selling area,
more than a hectare of warehouse area, and a multi-million peso corporation. Proof that innovation and
dynamism goes a long way.